Why should I pledge Lambda Phi Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.?
Every sister has her own reason as to why she pledged this sorority. Here are a few of those reasons:
* "As someone who is bi-racial, I didn't feel comfortable joining a mainstream sorority."
* "I have friends from all cultures and I wanted to belong to a sorority that reflected the diversity of my circle of friends."
* "I had never really thought about joining a sorority before, and then I stumbled across LPX. The principles, purpose, and members were all in sync with my beliefs and personality."
* "This sorority is honestly commited to non-hazing."
* "As a young organization with small numbers, I feel a part of the sisterhood, not just a number in a house."
What does multicultural mean?
Multicultural definition, of, relating to, or representing several different cultures or cultural elements or ethnic groups within a society. Lambda Phi Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. does not have a dominant culture. Lambda Phi Xi consists of women of different race, religion, political affiliation, economic standing, age, size and sexual preference.
How much time will I spend at my sorority?
During your new membership period, the amount of time you spend with your new sisters will vary. You will be asked to attend new member and chapter meetings in addition to any number of planned activities.
What can I expect from a typical "Lady Xi"?
There is no "typical" Lady Xi." Sisterhood is not a mold for women to fit into. Nor does it make each sister who they are. Each sister contributes her talent, idealism, devotion and energies to the greater organization, giving our sisterhood the character it has today. We hope that each sister will change our sisterhood, helping it to grow and evolve.
What is philanthropy?
Sororities adopt a cause called philanthropy. Philanthropy is a charitable organization supported by a sorority or fraternity with volunteer time and money. Typically, the sorority or fraternity will hold fundraising events to raise money to these organizations. National organizations support some charities; local chapters may choose to support additional charities, sometimes in the local community.
What does incorporated mean?
Incorporated means your sole proprietorship or general partnership into a company formally recognized by your state of incorporation. When a company incorporates, it becomes its own legal business structure ─ set apart from the individuals who founded the business. Through incorporation, the company's owner or owners create a separate legal entity to transact business.
Members Only Access:
Click the following link: Navigate Website Guide